Log your reading & engage with your library with Beanstack!
Over thirty libraries across Allegheny County have collaborated together to present digital summer reading programs. For more information about the details and dates of each library’s program, or Beanstack account questions, contact us.
Allegheny County Library Association Summer Reading
In an unprecedented show of collaboration, ACLA and its member libraries have come together to provide an extensive slate of programs for the entire county and surrounding areas, as well as partners in the region. We encourage you to explore the many engaging activities and hope this is your destination for family entertainment and discovery this summer. Learn more about ACLA summer reading
Grab & Go Kits
Every other Monday • Take-Home
Take the library home with you with a grab and go kit! These kits cover a variety of STEAM topics and are designed by our children’s librarian to encourage learning and fun. Two different kits will be available – one for preschoolers, and one for grades K-5. New kits can be picked up at the library every other Monday (6/14, 6/28, 7/12 and 7/26) and will be available while supplies last.
Outdoor Story Time
Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. • Library lawn, Memorial Park Lower Pavilion, Collingwood Playground
Join us for stories and songs outdoors at several locations around the neighborhood! Bring a blanket for your family and remember to wear masks. Check our social media/website for cancellation announcements in case of inclement weather.
- 6/16 Library
- 6/23 Memorial Park Lower Pavilion
- 6/30 Collingwood Playground
- 7/7 Library
- 7/14 Library
- 7/21 Memorial Park Lower Pavilion
- 7/28 Collingwood Playground
- 8/4 Library
Tuesdays at 4:30 pm • Virtual
The library now has its own exclusive Minecraft server! Every week we’ll be taking on a building challenge and testing the limits of our creativity. This program is best suited for kids in grades 3-6. E-mail Cece at email@example.com for the server and Zoom meeting login information, and in your email please include your child’s name, age and Minecraft username.
Technical note: we will be playing Minecraft: Java Edition, which is incompatible with mobile phones or gaming consoles.
Saturdays at 1:00 pm • Library lawn
We’re going full STEAM ahead every Saturday! Kids in grades K-5 will tackle fun challenges related to science, technology, engineering, art and math – and fun! This is an outdoor program, but we’ll move inside the library in case of inclement weather. Check our social media/website for updates.
Tween & Teen Time
Thursdays at 4:30 pm • Virtual
Join Cece for Tween & Teen Time over Zoom every week! We alternate between games (with prizes!) and reading comics together. E-mail Cece at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom meeting login information.
- Jun 17, 2021 04:30 PM – Pictionary: get a word and get someone else to say it – but only through drawings!
- Jun 24, 2021 04:30 PM – Let’s Read Paranatural: A kid moves to a new town and starts seeing spirits. Turns out there’s an afterschool club for that! Also everyone is hilarious.
- Jul 1, 2021 04:30 PM – Two Truths and a Lie: Think of some odd truths and innocuous lies. Can you confuse everyone else about which is which?
- Jul 8, 2021 04:30 PM – Let’s Read TBD: Webcomic to be read is selected at the previous webcomic reading.
- Jul 15, 2021 04:30 PM – Bring Your Own Book: It’s a race against time to see who can find the best/funniest answer to a prompt! The twist? You can only answer with phrases from a book. Which book? You choose!
- July 22 – Let’s Read TBD
- July 29 – Lines From a Hat: Let’s talk! Everyone gets a wacky sentence and everyone’s trying to manipulate the conversation to where saying their sentence will actually make sense. We’ve had some really goofy conversations!
- August 5 – Let’s Read TBD